We are SUPER excited to announce Pender Island/S,DÁYES inaugural festival, The Crisp! Mark your calendars for Sept 25-26!
The Crisp is a two day festival inspired by the SGI Community Resource Centre Society’s 2020 apple event “Let No Apple Be Wasted.”
Join us for fun, enjoyable happenings aimed at fostering community well-being through music, poetry, spoken word, transformational storytelling circles, supplementing scheduled art activities, apple related activities and instructional workshops to compliment the SGICRC’s mandate on farming sustainability and the promotion of environmental projects.
We encourage all from the Southern Gulf Islands, Vancouver Island and the Mainland to join us!
Round robin song/storytelling workshops have been organised on various themes to do with our world today. Please come and listen and there will be time for questions, reflections!
Mainstage performances will be mostly collaborative because, hey we are Penderites and that is what Pender does well! We have a few off island musician and presenter guests to mix it up!
Saturday 11-10pm & Sunday 11-5pm at Port Browning Marina. Bring your own chairs and dress for the weather!! Covid-19 protocols will be in place and respectful distancing encouraged. As Pender is a small community with limited services, we are requiring all guests of The CRISP Festival to wear a face covering when participating in workshops or Makers / craft tables. We will have hand sanitizer available throughout the Festival site, and request all guests to sanitize before touching merchandise / Festival items. Thank you for your understanding.
This event is being put on with so much goodwill by so many on Pender. We are very conscious of wanting everyone to come so admission is by donation. All donations will go towards paying artists and production. This is a community driven festival organised by volunteers under the umbrella of the SGICRC.
We are now actively recruiting volunteers in particular for set-up, take down, security [ take heart, it will hopefully not be needed! ], monitoring various activities.
The Crisp Festival is happening on the grounds of Port Browning on Saturday, September 25, 11am – 10pm and Sunday, September 26, 11am – 5pm, 2021.
- Admission is free. Donations by cash or credit card will be gratefully accepted. All donations go directly towards producing the festival.
- Activities happening at The Crisp will be outdoors, so dress for the weather, bring a chair or blanket to sit on, bring your own picnic items or snacks and bring your face coverings if participating at an event / crafting table.
- Thank you for taking your own garbage home with you!
- Hand sanitizer will be available around the Festival site and soap/water is available at the Port Browning Marina washrooms.
- Admittance to the Port Browning pub requires you to have a face covering and your Covid vaccine card, no exceptions.
- Social distancing is encouraged.
- Access into the Tall Ship, “Providence”, docked at Browning on the Saturday, also requires a face covering.
- Parking is limited, so plan ahead.
- All dogs brought into the Crisp Festival grounds must remain leashed.
- We hope everyone has a fabulous weekend celebrating community wellbeing and all things apple related!