Jean happily discovered Pender Island in 1986 and has never left. After travelling for a year following secondary school, Jean spent 10 years as a tax lawyer’s Legal Assistant. With a combination of legal tax experience and accounting credentials, she became an Income Tax Auditor working in Toronto, and then Vancouver. Upon moving to Pender Island in 1986, Jean provided accounting and business services to individuals and businesses. Since 1992 Jean has owned and operated construction related businesses based on Pender, also serving Mayne, Galiano and Saturna Islands. Working on all the islands gives Jean the opportunity to meet many island residents and experience the different communities.
Currently, Jean volunteers as:
• President - Royal Canadian Legion Pender Island Branch 239
• Commissioner - Southern Gulf Islands Harbour Commission
• Committee Member - Magic Lake Estates Water and Sewer Committee
• Treasurer - Salish Sea Marine Rescue Society, supporting Royal Canadian Marine Search & Rescue, Station 20, Pender Island
• Treasurer - Magic Lake Property Owners’ Society, supporting Thieves Bay Marina, Magic Lake Tennis Courts and Sea Urchin Playground
Jean likes to volunteer for community projects and events, shares a garden plot at the Pender Island Community Garden, and enjoys the magnificent island life with her two Yorkshire Terriers, Teala and George.