Across the Ages
Across the Ages fosters intergenerational connection on the Southern Gulf Islands. We are recruiting youth community members (19 and under) and senior community members (55+) across Southern Gulf Island communities to participate in a virtual buddy program. We will have regular virtual meet-ups over the winter where we will participate in virtual activities together.
Youth Engagement Team
– A Leadership & Volunteer Program
EXPLORE EMPOWER ENGAGE
Youth between the ages of 13-29 are invited to join this fun and rewarding program. There is no cost to join and we will help you: develop new skills, increase your community network, work collaboratively with a wide range of partners, and engage as a volunteer in a meaningful way.
You are between the ages of 13-29.
- Go through an intake meeting and complete a Criminal Records Check.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of a group volunteering event.
- Research and work with several local non-profit organizations
- Available to meet Saturdays by videoconference or on Pender Island (fare paid).
- A helpful and positive attitude.
What do you get out of the experience?
- Career related training & skill development.
- Volunteer hours to support graduation requirements.
- Leadership & event planning opportunities.
- Networking & meeting new friends.
- References upon the successful conclusion of your participation.
- Enjoyment & amazing memories of group volunteering in community.
FMI or to register, please contact Andrea Mills (Pender) by e-mail email@example.com or drop by your local SGI Community Resource Centre and chat with the lovely staff people.
SGI COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT LEADERS
Help your community respond and grow during this challenging time! Build upon your skills and abilities while getting hands on experience with local non-profit organizations! Learn a wide range of new skills that benefit your community! Create activities that are important to you and help our community become the best version of itself!
A combination of in person and online paid training will take place in areas such as: Community Outreach & Development, Fire Prevention, Emergency Response, Conservation, Trail Development, Food Security, Career Development and many other areas!
Upon completion of this program, youth will have enhanced hire-ability for today’s competitive job market, as well as a wide range of certifications.
Learn a wide range of new skills that benefit your community, gain valuable experience working with non-profit organizations and explore career opportunities on the Southern Gulf Islands!
- Age 15-29
- Resident of Mayne, Galiano, Pender or Saturna
- Currently Unemployed, Underemployed (casual, seasonal or part-time), or Precariously Employed (at risk of losing their job). Permanently employed applicants are NOT eligible.
- Commitment of 30 hours per week for 16 weeks beginning October 26, 2020
- $2000 monthly remuneration
Application Deadline: October 16, 2020
Program Start Date: October 26, 2020
Program End Date: February, 2020
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org