SGI COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT LEADERS
Help your community respond and grow during this challenging time! Build upon your skills and abilities while getting hands on experience with local non-profit organizations! Learn a wide range of new skills that benefit your community! Create activities that are important to you and help our community become the best version of itself!
A combination of in person and online paid training will take place in areas such as: Community Outreach & Development, Fire Prevention, Emergency Response, Conservation, Trail Development, Food Security, Career Development and many other areas!
Upon completion of this program, youth will have enhanced hire-ability for today’s competitive job market, as well as a wide range of certifications.
Learn a wide range of new skills that benefit your community, gain valuable experience working with non-profit organizations and explore career opportunities on the Southern Gulf Islands!
- Age 15-29
- Resident of Mayne, Galiano, Pender or Saturna
- Currently Unemployed, Underemployed (casual, seasonal or part-time), or Precariously Employed (at risk of losing their job). Permanently employed applicants are NOT eligible.
- Commitment of 30 hours per week for 16 weeks beginning October 26, 2020
- $2000 monthly remuneration
Application Deadline: October 16, 2020
Program Start Date: October 26, 2020
Program End Date: February, 2020
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Southern Gulf Islands Youth Engagement Team
– A Leadership & Volunteer Program
EXPLORE EMPOWER ENGAGE
Youth between the ages of 13-29 are invited to join this fun and rewarding program. There is no cost to join and we will help you: develop new skills, increase your community network, work collaboratively with a wide range of partners, and engage as a volunteer in a meaningful way.
You are between the ages of 13-29.
- Go through an intake meeting and complete a Criminal Records Check.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of a group volunteering event.
- Research and work with several local non-profit organizations
- Available to meet Saturdays by videoconference or on Pender Island (fare paid).
- A helpful and positive attitude.
What do you get out of the experience?
- Career related training & skill development.
- Volunteer hours to support graduation requirements.
- Leadership & event planning opportunities.
- Networking & meeting new friends.
- References upon the successful conclusion of your participation.
- Enjoyment & amazing memories of group volunteering in community.
FMI or to register, please contact Andrea Mills (Pender) by e-mail email@example.com or drop by your local SGI Community Resource Centre and chat with the lovely staff people.