Website SGI Community Resource Centre
SGI Community Resource Centre
SUMMER YOUTH EMPLOYMENT
Volunteer Programs Coordinator
The Southern Gulf Islands Community Resource Centre is now hiring on Galiano, Mayne, Pender and Saturna Islands.
These positions are contingent on funding through a Canada Summer Jobs Grant and open to Canadian or refugee status youth between the ages of 15 and 30. The selected candidates must have the ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
This position may be most beneficial for, and benefited by, a post-secondary student studying Community Planning, Community Development, Non-profit Administration or Management, Community Leadership and Social Change, Municipal Administration, Psychology and Behavior Change, Education, or related fields.
– Provide oversite to the COVID response programs
– Provide administration to the response programs
– Volunteer Coordination
– Volunteer planning and development
– Website development
– Social media management
– Advertising and marketing
– Youth Engagement Team Leader
– Volunteer training and development
– Liaise with other community organizations
– Work with diverse team leaders
– Develop a Volunteer manual
– Data analysis and asset mapping
– Assist in grant writing and fundraising.
– Other duties as required and as suitable
– Excellent verbal and written English skills
– Excellent computer skills
– Comfortable using Word, Excel and Publisher
– Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
– Organized and administratively inclined
– Experience with Zoom, Constant Contact and other online services
– Experience with direct program leadership
– Creative thinker
– Self-starter, able to work independently
– Motivated, willing to learn and receive feedback
– Ability to work with a diverse group of people
-. Experience with community development, data analysis, scheduling, public communication, management, administration and marketing are preferred.
-Anticipated Start Date
As a result of the Covid situation, the final job responsibilities, rate of pay, start date, end date, and hours per week will ultimately be determined based on discussions between the person offered the position, the Community Resource Centre and our granting body. Our goal is for the position to start May/June and continue until August / September or longer with a wage rate of $18 – $20 depending on experience. Some telecommute work is possible.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: Melody Pender at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org