Website SGI Community Resource Centre
SGI Community Resource Centre
SUMMER YOUTH EMPLOYMENT
CRC Assistant Supervisor
The Southern Gulf Islands Community Resource Centre is now accepting applications for a Community Resource Centre Assistant Supervisor. This position could be based on Galiano, Mayne, Pender or Saturna.
This supervisory level position is contingent on funding through a Canada Summer Jobs Grant and is open to Canadian or refugee status youth between the ages of 15 and 30. The selected candidate must have the ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
The SGI CRC serves as an Information Centre, Volunteer Centre, Employment Centre, Community Resource Centre and Community Development hub. It provides SGI residents with resources, referrals, information and support for employment, education, social purposes and well-being. Our organization is committed to enhancing community capacity and fostering both social, environmental and economic opportunities.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, self-starter who is interested growing in their Community Development and Management skills. The Assistant Supervisor will work with the Executive Director, Program Managers, Volunteers, Volunteer Coordinator, and will work directly with and supervise the Community Information Assistants.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
– Supervise & train staff of three Information Assistants on three separate islands/ offices
– Delegate tasks to Assistants as appropriate
– Work collaboratively with CRC program managers
– Research & develop local resource material
– General office & visitor/ info. centre duties
– Maintain local website and events calendar
– Assist with the preparation of newsletters, communication pieces, marketing material and special features
-Assist with community engagement events and activities
– Assist with the coordination of special events
– Perform other duties as required
– Minute taking
– Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with a diverse range of staff, volunteers, residents, visitors and stakeholders
– Able to work independently or as part of a team
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent customer service
– Excellent administrative skills
– Excellent organizational skills and prioritizing abilities
– Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
– Proficiency and experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
– Enthusiastic, motivated, willing to learn and receive feedback
– Publishing, graphic design, web design, marketing skills and social media management an asset
– Strong planning, organizational and research skills
– Knowledge of attractions, events, tourism products, resources, services and community groups in the area is an asset
Anticipated Start Date
As a result of the Covid situation, the final job responsibilities, rate of pay, start date, end date, and hours per week will ultimately be determined based on discussions between the person offered the position, the Community Resource Centre and our granting body. Our goal is for the position to start May/June and continue until end of August/September with a wage rate of $17 – $20 depending on experience. Some telecommute work is possible and part time hours may be possible prior or after the full contract.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: Melody Pender at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org