The Gulf INLET Project
INLET: Island Network of Learning and Experiential Tourism
Do you have an idea for a program or event on Mayne, Pender, Galiano, or Saturna Island to extend tourism beyond the summer months? Do you have a skill that you would like to teach? Do you have an existing program or event that could use support? We would like to hear from you.
We are looking for innovative program and event ideas as part of the new Gulf INLET project.
The goals of Gulf INLET are to:
- Promote edu-tourism which helps the environment, economy, and the community
- Increase employment opportunities for youth
- Increase opportunities for seniors to share their knowledge and experience
- Develop partnerships between businesses and organizations
- Preserve the natural environment
- Develop a long-term sustainable edu-tourism structure in the Southern Gulf Islands
- Extend opportunities for tourism activities beyond the summer months
We can support through ways such as funds to grow your program, room space, hiring instructors, and more.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to grow your idea.
For shoulder and off season tourism only.